Pharmacy compounding is the art and science of preparing tailor-made medicines for patients.
Compounded medicines are made from scratch in the exact strength and dosage form required by the patient as per the prescribers’ instructions.
Compounding benefits include:
• Medicines are delivered in dosage forms not usually commercially available such as liquids for people that cannot swallow tablets.
• The flavour of the medicine can be changed.
• They are suitable for people with allergies to lactose or gluten.
• Medicines that are unavailable or discontinued can be made.
• They deliver the exact amount required to give the optimum dosage.
Compounding is not just for humans! We can also create medicines for your animal family member.
Harvest Lakes Pharmacy is open till late. 23 Gibbs Road, Atwell, Perth, WA, 6164
Phone: 086363 5841